LASIK is a modern surgical way to reduce or eliminate your need for eyeglasses or contact lenses. During this refractive laser surgery, your eye surgeon will use the cool light of an excimer laser to change the shape of your cornea, thereby correcting nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. This advanced procedure generally produces outstanding results. Many of our Kelowna, BC, patients enjoy clear and comfortable vision after LASIK!
What is LASIK Co-Management?
Co-management is a service that our eye doctor provides before and after your LASIK surgery. We will partner with your eye surgeon to ensure that you receive comprehensive instructions and expert eye care. In our Kelowna optometry office, LASIK co-management consists of the following parts:
- Consultation: We will explain the surgery to too, with a discussion of the benefits and risks. You are encouraged to ask questions, and our eye doctor will answer them as best as possible. We will also perform an eye exam to check your candidacy for LASIK, evaluating corneal curvature and thickness, vision prescription, tear film, and eyelid structure. If the results indicate your eyes are appropriate for LASIK, we will refer you to a leading eye surgeon in the area.
- Pre-operative eye care: Our optometrist will help you to arrange your surgery with an experienced eye surgeon, and we will handle your preoperative check-up. When we meet, you will also receive clear instructions for the day of your surgery, information about what to expect, and guidance about the healing process.
- Post-operative eye care: Usually, you will visit your Kelowna optometrist on the day after LASIK to confirm that your eyes are healing well. Afterwards, you will need to return for regular check-ups throughout the following weeks and months.
What are the Main Advantages of LASIK Co-Management?
- Personalized, compassionate eye care from an experienced eye doctor who knows you
- Convenience and comfort– all your appointments are in our pleasant local clinic (no need to travel far!), and not in an impersonal hospital setting
- Comprehensive explanations – your optometrist will take the time to address all of your concerns, provide detailed instructions, and reassure you, whereas many eye surgeons do not have the time to do this
- Accessible and affordable care after LASIK – we are open six days a week, from morning until evening. So if you have any problems, you can contact us to receive immediate assistance
If you are interested in LASIK and want to find out whether you are a good candidate, contact us to schedule a consultation today!