The health and safety of our patients, doctors and staff is our top priority. We have implemented some changes to the way we practice to help protect you and provide a safe environment for everyone. Your next appointment will be a little different to what you have seen before but you will be given the same high-quality care that you have come to know us for.
Some of the changes you will see:
- You will be asked a series of questions about your health and travel prior to attending your appointment.
- We will obtain your personal information over the telephone prior to your appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment you will be asked to wait outside until called in when we are ready for you.
- On entry you will be provided with a face mask and asked to sanitize your hands.
- We have installed plexi-glass shields at our front desk and dispensing table.
- We have installed plastic breath shields in front of examination room equipment.
- Our doctors and technical staff will be wearing face masks and face shields when close contact is required.
- Gloves will be worn and disposed of after each patient.
- We will reduce patient numbers to allow a limited number of people in the office at one time.
- All equipment and surfaces will be thoroughly disinfected between patients.
- Our practice will be cleaned daily and undergo additional deep cleaning regularly.
- All frames touched by a patient will be disinfected before being placed back on the board. We will not allow browsing of our frames without being accompanied by a staff member.
Please help us to keep everyone safe
- Please call and reschedule your appointment if you are feeling unwell, have a fever, cough, sore throat or any other symptoms of illness. You will not be charged for any late cancellation.
- Please call and reschedule your appointment if you or any member of your household has travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
- Please call and reschedule your appointment if you or any member of your household has, within the last 14 days, had contact with any person known to have Covid-19.
- Please come in to your appointment alone (unless accompanying a young child to their visit). Any person who accompanies you to your appointment must wait outside or in your car. If you have a carer who you need to attend with you, please let us know.
- Please leave all belongings you do not need in the car or at home including your cell phone. Please do not place personal items on counters or other surfaces in the clinic.
- Please keep your conversation with doctors and staff limited to details relevant to your exam.
- Please bring a debit or credit card for payment.
If you have any concerns about your appointment, please let us know. If you would prefer a telephone or video consultation, we are pleased to continue to offer this service.
Thank you and welcome back!