Open For Full Optometric Services
The health and safety of our patients, doctors and staff is our top priority. We have implemented some changes to the way we practice to help protect you and provide a safe environment for everyone. Your next appointment may be a little different to what you have experienced before the pandemic started but you will be given the same high-quality care that you have always received.
Please note some of our additional safety procedures which are being followed during this time:
- You will be asked a series of questions about your health and travel prior to attending your appointment. If you are feeling unwell or have travelled outside Canada during any of the 14 days leading up to your appointment, you will be required to reschedule. If you have been in contact with a person testing positive for Covid-19 or have been asked to self-isolate, you will be required to reschedule your appointment until a later date.
- All persons entering our clinic for an appointment or accompanying a patient must wear a medical face mask. If you do not have a medical mask, we will provide one to you free of charge.
- Patients are asked to sanitise their hands upon entry to the clinic and a temperature check will be done.
- We have installed plexiglass screens at our front desk and plastic breath shields in front of examination room equipment.
- All of our doctors, opticians and other staff wear medical grade masks at all times.
- All our equipment is disinfected and sanitised thoroughly between patients, including the exam chairs.
- We practise social distancing wherever possible and reduce patient numbers to allow a limited number of people in the clinic at one time.
- Our practice is cleaned daily throughout the day and undergoes additional deep cleaning regularly.
- All frames tried on by a patient are disinfected before being placed back on the frame board.
Please Help Us To Keep Everyone Safe
- Please call and reschedule your appointment if you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of illness. You will not be charged for any late notice cancellation.
- Please call and reschedule your appointment if you or any member of your household has travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
- Please call and reschedule your appointment if you or any member of your household has, within the last 14 days, had contact with any person known to have Covid-19.
- Please come to your appointment alone (unless accompanying a child to their visit). Any person who travelled with you to your appointment must wait outside or in your car. If you have a carer who you need to attend with you, please let us know.
- Please leave all belongings you do not need in the car or at home including your cell phone. Please try not place personal items on counters or other surfaces in the clinic.
- Please bring a debit or credit card for payment.
If you have any concerns about your appointment, please let us know. If you would prefer a telephone or video consultation, we are pleased to offer a teleoptometry service.